Making bread at home is much better than buying from a store. After all, no bought loaf of bread can imitate the softness and taste of homemade bread. However, making bread from scratch can be quite tough. Not to mention everyone don’t have the time to invest in the process. This is where a bread machine comes in as it can make the task quite easy.
Table of Contents
- Things to Consider
- Who Needs an Automatic Machine?
- Why Would You Need an Automatic Machine?
- Selected the Best Rated Products from Top Brands
- Best and Cheap Bread Makers Under $100
- Best Budget Bread Makers Under $150
- Best Rated Bread Making Machines Under $200
- Top Rated Bread Making Machines Under $300
Things to Consider
When getting a bread machine, take into account the following factors:
- Pick a machine that aligns with your frequency of use.
- Look for durability.
- Choose a machine that allows you to make your desired type of bread.
- Opt for a price which is justified by the value provided.
Who Needs an Automatic Machine?
Bread machines are not just for chefs and cooks. Instead, anyone who prefers homemade food over store-bought items should buy a bread machine. Even if you like making everything from scratch, having a bread machine will provide you with a backup you may need at times.
Why Would You Need an Automatic Machine?
Here are a few reasons you might need to equip yourself with a bread machine:
- Its output tastes better.
- You can customize the bread to your preferences.
- It costs less in the long run.
- It takes less effort and time.
Selected the Best Rated Products from Top Brands
For those of you who are confused about which bread machine to go for from a sea of options, we have compiled a list of the top 10 bread machines. These products were selected on the basis of durability, quality, price, and convenience. Products which provided good value for money are chosen even if they may not deliver the best possible quality.
Best and Cheap Bread Makers Under $100
01. Hamilton Beach (29882) Gluten Free Bread Maker Machine
This bread machine has 12 built-in settings. This means that if you wish to make French bread, all you need to do is press a few buttons and your job is done. This feature is bound to be convenient for frequent users who don’t wish to go through the hassle of altering settings all the time.
Moreover, the addition of the delay timer allows you to add the ingredients and set the machine to begin its work at a later point in time. This allows you to get your part done without having to make the bread earlier than you have to.
- You can use it to make pizza dough, cake and flatbread as well.
- Easy to clean.
- Can make different sizes of loaves.
- Limited return warranty.
Since the product itself delivers value, the limited window given for return is bearable.
02. Sunbeam 2-Pound Programmable Breadmaker 5891
The best thing about this model is that it is very user-friendly. No one has the time to understand complex interfaces of bread makers, which is why this product features a simple functionality. Just add ingredients and push a few buttons, and your part is done!
The large LCD further adds to the ease of use. Changing settings is quite easy because of it. Furthermore, it comes with a window, which lets you see the progress of the baking process without opening the lid. This, in turn, reduces baking time.
- The baking pan is removable and easy to clean.
- The 17 cooking functions allow you to use the machine to bake an array of items.
- It is not as durable as some of the other items on the list.
If you don’t mind changing your machine every few years, you will be satisfied with the quality of this bread maker.
03. SKG Automatic Bread Machine
The first thing you will notice about this product is its sleek and stylish design. The use of silver color in the exterior of the product ensures that it goes well with all types of kitchen decors. This is bound to be appreciated by those who care about aesthetics.
There are 19 programs already included in the bread machine. This includes French, gluten-free and cornbread. The maximum size of bread made is two pounds, thereby being convenient for large and small families alike.
- 15-hour delay timer allows you to go to work and come back to freshly cooked bread.
- Bakes evenly cooked bread.
- Non-skid feet provide the machine with much-needed stability.
- The lid is flimsy.
You might have to get the lid replaced sooner than you think. Apart from this flaw, there isn’t much wrong with the machine.
04. Breadman TR520 Programmable Bread Maker
The baking pan of this model is non-stick in nature. This ensures that the machine never gets too difficult to clean. Hence, you don’t have to worry about the hassle of spending long hours scrubbing the machine. To further add to your convenience, the machine is easy to use.
When it comes to the quality of the output, this machine does not disappoint. It has different programmable settings included in it along with an option of three types of crusts. You can choose whether you want a soft or crispy crust. Hence, the bread you create will be much more customized than generic bakery bread.
- • Viewing window that lets you monitor output.
- • Highly durable.
- • Has a low price.
- • LCD display is not satisfactory.
Unless you care deeply about additional features, you will find this product to be an excellent choice.
Best Budget Bread Makers Under $150
05. T-fal PF311E ActiBread Stainless Steel Bread Machine
This product is quite versatile when it comes to settings. For example, it offers you a choice of three loaf sizes. Similarly, you can select three types of crusts. This allows you to create a customized bread.
Additionally, it has an automatic warm feature. This means that even if your bread gets ready a little too early, you can leave it be in the maker and it will keep it warm for you. We love this feature since it means we don’t have to care about making the bread too soon.
- There are 15 programmable settings.
- Easy to use.
- Comes with a sandwich plate which is an excellent addition.
- Not easy to clean.
While cleaning the machine is a hassle, the output produced by it makes up for it.
06. Cuisinart CBK-200 Convection Bread Maker
There are 16 pre-programmed settings in this bread maker. Compared to other products on the list, the number of settings is significantly higher. Some of the options are healthy as well, thereby allowing the product to cater to health-conscious people as well.
Some bread makers don’t really tell you when to add ingredients. This involves a lot of guesswork to figure out the right timing. However, that’s not the case with the Cuisinart bread maker. It produces an audible sound when it is time to add ingredients. This is a source of convenience for those who are not good at cooking.
- The product is quite stylish.
- The power failure backup ensures your bread doesn’t get harmed during power outages.
- A bit pricey.
Considering the quality delivered, the extra money spent is worth it. You won’t be disappointed with the features.
Best Rated Bread Making Machines Under $200
07. Zojirushi BB-HAC10 Home Bakery Mini Breadmaker
This mini maker for bread can be used to make 1-pound loaf. While this may not satisfy large families, it is perfect for small households. Different settings are already included that conveniently make dough. Built-in settings include cookie dough, quick bake, and fresh fruit jams.
The product is also equipped with a 13-hour delay timer. This makes it a convenient purchase for those who work. You can put in the ingredients before leaving to work and set the timer. The machine will start baking accordingly.
- A one-year warranty accompanies it.
- The compact size makes it easy to store.
- The price is reasonable.
- The crust is not good.
If you are particular about your crust, you might not like this bread machine. Otherwise, it is perfect for a small family.
08. Breville BBM800XL Custom Loaf Bread Maker
One of the best features of this bread maker is the fruit and nut dispenser. Rather than allowing you to add all the ingredients at once, this product has a separate slot for adding nuts and fruits. It then automatically releases them at the ideal moment to ensure that the output has consistent ingredients. This allows the bread to taste great throughout.
Moreover, the kneading paddle included in the bread maker is collapsible with nature. It plays a huge role in reducing the number of holes present at the base of the loaf.
- The inclusion of step-by-step recipes makes it an ideal choice for beginners.
- Can bake loaves in four sizes.
- Well-designed and easy to use.
- The bread pan is not well placed.
If you don’t care about accuracy and 100% consistency, you will find the bread produced by this product to be satisfactory.
Top Rated Bread Making Machines Under $300
09. Panasonic SD-YR2500 Bread Maker
If you wish all your appliances to incorporate modern technology, you will find this breadmaker to be worthy of purchase. This is because the product features a touch pad control, which makes controlling the settings a piece of cake. This is further ensured by the use of a large LCD for displaying settings.
Moreover, the design of the product is quite sophisticated. When it comes to functionality, it satisfies in this regard as well. It has 13-hour timer, eight pre-programmed settings, and a gluten-free mode all in one.
- Autonomy is provided in terms of choosing size and crust type.
- Easy to use.
- Very durable.
- Doesn’t have a quick setting.
Since you can still mix the ingredients manually for a quick bread, the flaw isn’t big enough to stop you from purchasing this maker.
10. Zojirushi BB-PAC20 Home Bakery Virtuoso Breadmaker
Some makers tend to produce bread which is not properly kneaded and is lumpy. However, the Zojirushi BB-PAC20 comes with two kneading blades, which play an integral role in making sure that the dough is kneaded as thoroughly as possible.
Moreover, there is a heater present on the lid. This makes sure that your bread bakes as evenly as possible. Both these feature guarantee that the baked is soft and consistent.
- Successfully makes in 2 hours.
- Can be used to make a 2-pound bread, which is perfect for large families.
- Custom menu settings let you add recipes of your choice.
- Different parts may need replacement.
This is a great product for large families. The bread produced is excellent and worth the hassle of repairing the parts.
Between these ten products, the Hamilton Beach Programmable Machine satisfied us the most. This is because it is reasonably priced and is equipped with all the needed features. However, you can choose any bread maker from this list that best satisfies your needs.
Don’t put yourself through the hassle of making bread from scratch. Select a quality machine and enjoy soft and delicious bread while putting in minimal effort.